AFTR Widget

Monday, September 17, 2012

A new beginning

I know that is a strange title for my dedicated readers, but one that really is accurate for this situation.  The best way to explain this is that "Along for a Ride!" (AFTR) is now on a brand new super high powered server.  Its hard to believe that AFTR has actually grown that much.

How it has grown and changed over the last four years is amazing. What started out as an experiment in in developing a different type of traffic system has grown into a full traffic system and a complete web directory with a new and innovative approach to getting traffic to blogs.

With the new and more powerful server being a "new" beginning for AFTR, I decided the AFTR blog needed a new beginning as well.  As many of you know, I wrote my own blogging software.  While it has working incredibly well. there is one major disadvantage - it leaves me unable to help people with "simple" questions on Blogger, Wordpress, and other common blogging platforms.

Blogger seems to be one of the more popular free blogging platforms that easy to learn and use, so I start here.  I figure the best way to help AFTR members and prospective new members is to experience all the issues as a "new" blogger myself by learning as I go.

So, here I am...  Learning how to use Blogger from scratch.  So far, its been interesting and easy enough...  with the very simple changes I've made. We'll see how well I do when I try to add the AFTR widget and my other widgets and advertising to this blog.

Without any further adieu, welcome to the new AFTR blog.... GOD help me with this crazy thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment